Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Things that I'm not sure what to think about from 2006...

May 2
Tool – 10,000 Days
I didn’t get into Tool back when they were really popular, and nothing has changed. I’m still not a big fan. I do know that this was a huge release this year. It sold out in a lot of stores in the first couple days. That’s insanity. I didn’t think there were still that many Tool fans left in the world. The packaging for the album turned out to be really cool it had built in 3D glasses to look at the liner notes with.

Pearl Jam – S/T
Another huge release for record companies and a lot of fans, it also came out the same day which made stores extra busy. I really like old Pearl Jam like VS. and ten but after those albums I kind of stopped paying attention. I thought I’d give this album the benefit of the doubt but I was kind of disappointed. I’m sure real fans of the band would see this album differently. Nothing really stuck out as being really good on the album, nothing really caught my attention.

August 8
Slayer – Christ Illusion
Also have never been a big fan of Slayer, I think that’s mostly due to the fact that the people I knew that listened to Slayer, Iron Maiden and other similar bands were dirt bags. Apparently that really affected me. But again this was yet another big release, hype-wise, a lot of people were talking about it, even those who didn’t even plan to buy it when it was released.

November 14
Plus 44 – When Your Heart Stops Beating
The more I listen to it the more I like it. Even though I don’t want to (see Angels and Airwaves). I haven’t decided if they have made this year better or worse, I guess they’ll have more of an impact on the early part of 2007 than they did in 2006.


Please feel free to comment on any of the views I have expressed here and in previous posts. I would especially like to hear opinions on the new Tool, Pearl Jam and Slayer from people who are fans of the bands. Please enlighten me and let me know where these albums stand in comparison to previous albums.

Thanks,
Banana

1 comment:

theSquaredanceKid said...

hey dudette.

I happen to have one too!

squaredancekid.blogspot.com