Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm a Huge Sap...

Lately I've been a huge sucker for anything with an acoustic guitar or piano particularly accompanied by female vocals. I can't remember how I found her but a favorite of mine lately has been Missy Higgins. Raw, emotional just amazing.

And tonight as I was searching youtube for a video for Death Cab For Cutie's I Will Follow You Into The Dark I stumbled across Kina Grannis, an extremely talent young female with a voice so amazing it sends chills down my spine. It's girls like Kina and Missy (and Trez) that motivate me to pick up the guitar that's sitting in a corner in my apartment and inspire me to become a better singer and I thank them for it.


I know I'll never be in a hardcore band like one of my heros (above) but I will learn to write songs, become a better singer and maybe eventually grow big enough balls to perform said songs in public or at least at jam parties.

Thanks ladies!

Banana

2 comments:

The Trick said...

Yeah, do it!

Just wanted to say it's good to see you're still posting. Cheers. Hope all is well with you guys.

Shana said...

Good to see people are still reading :)