Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's my Rock 'n Roll Duty...

... to rock out to Kim Mitchell!! Although I'm not sure it will be the same without the bald head mullet, I'll just imagine it.




So today the city of Bathurst, New Brunswick announced that the headliner for Hospitality Days in July will be none other than Kim Mitchell. I think anyone who grew up in the 1980's owes it to themselves to see Kim Mitchell live if they haven't already. Fuck it! Even if you have you should go again.

Go For Soda, Patio Lanterns and Rock 'n Roll duty were like 3 of my favorite songs as a kid. I know all of you reading this loved those songs too. There's no shame in a fondness for Kim Mitchell. I remember cranking the radio whenever those songs came on then singing and dancing all over my bedroom. Ahh those were the days. Dance parties for one aren't quite the same anymore. In an apartment like mine anyone eating on Dimitris patio or leaving the building out the back are going to witness my wonderful dancing skills... (my apologies I seem to have gotten a little off track, phew, dancing takes a lot of energy)

I've never been to Bathurst but Kim Mitchell seems as good a reason as any to take a trip there. I hope to see some of you obeying your rock 'n roll duty on July 28th along with me and whoever I manage to drag with me. Kyle, you know you wanna go!

Banana

No comments: