Friday, January 26, 2007

I’m Blue (da ba dee)



Why is it that synthesized vocals are now the “it” thing or at least well on their way to being it? I was just at home on my lunch break and I turn on Much Music (why I insist on torturing myself I don’t know). Anyway I turn the channel to be greeted by this horrific song. ALL of the vocals in the song are processed through a synthesizer just like, you guessed it, Eiffel 65s first and only huge hit (I guess they did have that other song years later). But really, what is the point of these vocals? Is it because you never really learned how to sing and this is a way to cover it up? How about doing us all a favour and not singing at all! If you need auto tune and synthesizers I don’t think singing is what you’re supposed to be doing with your life.

I guess I can kind of see putting a small amount of synthed vocals in a song to give it a little extra something as long as it’s in good taste. The song I am referring to is Hellogoodbye’s Here (In Your Arms). Please take a listen.

That's all for now

The Banana

No comments: